Patient Centered Medical Home Progress
NVPCA as funded by HRSA BPHC is obligated to provide training and technical assistance to FQHCs so that ALL become recognized as a PCMH.
The NVPCA PCMH Consultant has experience as a practice transformation coach regarding QI and PCMH and she has been working with Nevada's FQHCs as well as other community organizations who are working to seek designation as an FQHC in Nevada since early-fall 2012.
All of the Nevada health centers are at different points in their planning and readiness to work towards the submission of a survey and application to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to then obtain PCMH recognition.
NCQA has recognized FQHC clinic sites in Nevada as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) provider. “The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of 21st century primary care that combines access, teamwork, and technology to deliver quality care and improve health,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. “NCQA’s PCMH Recognition shows that these FQHC clinic’s have the tools, systems, and resources to provide their patients with the right care at the right time.”
FQHC clinic sites in Nevada with NCQA PCMH 2011 Recognition (as of Winter 2016):
Nevada Health Centers, Inc.
- Martin Luther King Health Center, January 2014
- Las Vegas Outreach Clinic, May 2014
- North Las Vegas Family Health Center, May 2014
- Wendover Community Health Center, May 2014
- Eastern Family Medical & Dental Center, May 2014
- Cambridge Family Health Center, May 2014
- Beatty Medical Clinic, August 2014
- Carlin Community Health Center, October 2014
- Elko Family Medical and Dental Clinic, October 2014
- Eureka Medical Clinic, October 2014
- Sierra Nevada Health Center, March 2015
- Amargosa Valley Medical Center, April 2015
- Crescent Valley Medical Clinic, April 2015
- Jackpot Community Health Center, April 2015
- Austin Medical Center, April 2015
Community Health Alliance, Inc. (formerly HAWC)
- Wells Community Health Center Clinic, April 2014
- Nell J. Redfield Health Center - Neil Rd., April 2015
- Nell J. Redfield Health Center - Sun Valley, April 2015
Northern Nevada HOPES in Reno, NV, May 2014
NVPCA is committed to helping Nevada’s Community Health Centers achieve recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home.
In 2014-2015, NVPCA will expand the learning opportunities regarding PCMH.
Request technical assistance and training around PCMH. Assistance can be provided virtually, in person or be customized. NVPCA will determine if interest exists to offer a peer learning teleconference that is offered quarterly for clinic PCMH team members to participate in, share and learn from one another.
FQHC’s interested in HRSA support for NCQA PCMH recognition under the PCMHH Initiative must complete a Notice of Intent (NOI) located here.
The completed NOI must be submitted via email to PCMHHinitiative@hrsa.gov